Red Dot Scope for Ruger 10/22??

All things 22LR with a practical flavour...

Red Dot Scope for Ruger 10/22??

Postby Ian Spivey » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Looking to change to a Red Dot Scope on my Ruger 10/22 since use it more for turning targets and fun shoots these days what do folk recoment.
Is there a big difference between tube red dot scope and open red dot scope?
Ian Spivey

Re: Red Dot Scope for Ruger 10/22??

Postby Mark Sandford » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:49 am

The majority simply comes down to personal preference. I've always preferred open/hooded style red-dots (e.g. Eotech, Hakko, Fast-fire, Sightmark Ultrashot etc), but do have a tube red-dot on one of my mini-rifles and I get on well with it (Holosun 503c).

I prefer less 'sight' obscuring my view which normally means you would go for a hooded type sight but the newer micro/mini sights present less body around the lens/getting in the way so its less of an issue.

For a .22 you can pretty much get away with anything, so just get whatever your budget and personal preferences dictate.
Mark
Mark Sandford

Postby Steve Drew » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 pm

I favour mini red dot sights like the Docter, Burris Fastfire, Shield RMS etc. On a rifle there is no problem with dot acquisition and they give the best sight picture due to their small bodies. their only downside is in extreme weather, ie moderate to heavy rain, they are more prone to become obscured than tube type sights.
Steve Drew

Postby Clive Gamlin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:32 pm

I Have a Vortex Razor 3MOA plus AR Riser for sale on the other thread which is perfect for your needs - PM me if interested
Clive Gamlin

Return to Mini-Rifle