Four4islands Club Launched

Where? Well that mythical pub that's just near the range where we we can discuss anything you want to say that doesn't fit any listed category. It probably soon will though...
You can register for this forum on our website at four4islands.org but YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL NAMES AS A USERNAME e.g. John Smith.
Forum rules
Views expressed here are personal opinions of our users only and do not necessarily reflect the views of four4islands.org nor any of its representatives.

Re: Four4islands Club Launched

Postby Jeff Phillips » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:05 pm

david kiddle wrote:F4i supporters club - offical launch date is 1st Feb 2013 :)

Woo :D
Jeff Phillips

Postby range master » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:03 pm

iainclark wrote:Would being a f4i official member something we could put on your FAC, much the same as membership of the UKPSA was used in the past?

The short answer is "probably not" Iain but it depends on what your FEO and/or constabulary demand (and of course they should not) as "good reason" before they will issue a Section 1 FAC for shotgun.

It will be an NRA-affiliated club however (for all disciplines including Target Shotgun) so on that basis it should be acceptable for the above [good reason].

We must stress that Four4islands Club is not to be a Home Office approved club at this stage. It was considered but for various reasons we have not gone this way currently.

I mention this as some police authorities require that you belong to an HO-approved club to issue a Section 1 license for shotgun. Others are happy if you are a member of a UKPSA-affiliated club only (not HO approved). And some will issue an S1 shotgun license for vermin control alone.

And there are some, who require that you are a member of the UKPSA and/or have passed a Basic Safety course.

What we recommend is that if you are unsure what your authority requires, you could post a question on here for other shooters in your area or call your FEO and ask. The fact that you want to own a Section 1 shotgun as a member of Four4islands Club to take part in the NRA discipline of Target Shotgun should be enough.

RM
range master
Site Admin

Postby john norman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Jeff Phillips wrote:
david kiddle wrote:F4i supporters club - offical launch date is 1st Feb 2013 :)

Woo :D

Roll on !!!
Are we on track ? :)
John
john norman

Postby Graham Hill » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:21 pm

rangemaster wrote:
iainclark wrote:Would being a f4i official member something we could put on your FAC, much the same as membership of the UKPSA was used in the past?

It will be an NRA-affiliated club however (for all disciplines including Target Shotgun) so on that basis it should be acceptable for the above [good reason].

I mention this as some police authorities require that you belong to an HO-approved club to issue a Section 1 license for shotgun. Others are happy if you are a member of a UKPSA-affiliated club only (not HO approved). And some will issue an S1 shotgun license for vermin control alone.

And there are some, who require that you are a member of the UKPSA and/or have passed a Basic Safety course.
RM

There is a requirement to be a member of a Home Office Approved Club one of which they like to name if you are a member of several, there is no requirement to be a member of the UKPSA or to have completed a UKPSA safety course.
The fact that you take part or wish to take part in the F4I competition circuit or any other for that matter, is good reason to own a S1 firearm, the UKPSA does not have a monopoly (not anymore).

I think it would be useful to pin some advice as to what to write in your FAC application or renewal forms or indeed in an application for a Variation (if you really want it off your license that badly) somehwere on here.
I have already posted in a thread on here what my new conditions are, as have others.

TL
Graham Hill

Postby RhysPonton » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm

I'd be interested in a car window sticker if you are looking to do some merchandise.... :ugeek:
RhysPonton

Postby john norman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:29 pm

1 day to go ???????? :o
John
john norman

Postby Jeff Phillips » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:39 pm

It's the 1st of Feb... So... :?:
Jeff Phillips

Postby john norman » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 pm

David K., its the 1st Feb, I want to be a member, please, please :cry: :cry:
John
john norman

Postby James Harris » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi guys,

I have been doing some digging and I think there is a technical glitch, please be patient while the admin team sort it out. Dont worry we want your money as much as you want to give it to us, worst come to worst we may ask for payment via the good old fashioned brown paper enevelope.
Cheers
james
F4i Southern Region Organiser & F4i rep to the NRA ( which means i arrange some of the F4i stuff at the NRA)
NRA PSG National Champion 2013
F4i PSG Champion 2012,13
UKPSA modified SG champion, 2007,08,09,10,11,12,13,
James Harris

Postby Jeff Phillips » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:17 pm

James Harris wrote:payment via the good old fashioned brown paper enevelope.

Ah... "The Archer" method ;)
Jeff Phillips

PreviousNext

Return to The Drovers' Arms